Hertz Equipment Rental Corp. (HERC), the equipment rental division of Hertz, Park Ridge, N.J., said last week it plans to hire hundreds of new employees this summer and will be holding a two-day employment open house at more than 50 HERC locations throughout the country on June 26 and 27.
Locations hosting an open house can be found online at hertz.jobs/hiringday.html. The available positions, as well as open houses, also can be found on Hertz’s military hiring portal, hertz.jobs/military. The site allows veterans and their family members to view and apply for available Hertz jobs across all company divisions.
“Fourteen percent of Hertz’s revenues are derived from HERC and over the past year we've been aggressively expanding,” said Mark Frissora, Hertz chairman and CEO. “By hosting a two-day employment open house, we’re aiming to fill key positions throughout the country, which are needed to ensure we're able to efficiently run our operations while providing our customers with the superior levels of customer service they expect from HERC.”
Available positions HERC is seeking to fill include:
- Sales representatives: Responsible for daily territory management and revenue growth through on site visits to customers and cold calling to prospective clients.
- Sales and operations trainees: Responsible for responding to customer inquiries and identifying customer needs, coordinating equipment delivery activities, maintaining competitive data, inventory control and business reporting.
- Mechanics: Responsible for the repair, service, and maintenance of rental equipment at the HERC facility and in the field at the customer's job site.
- Tractor trailer drivers: Responsible and accountable for the transportation, delivery and retrieval of construction equipment and the operation of commercial and non-commercial vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Yardworkers: Responsible for the cleaning and preparation of construction equipment, delivery and pick-up of parts and equipment and assisting with the loading and unloading of rental items.
As one of the largest equipment rental operators in North America, HERC has the largest national account base and has been expanding its diversified revenue stream into the industrial, pump and power, and entertainment markets. Since 2010, the company has acquired 10 businesses to tap into these growth segments including DW Pumps, a market leader in pump rental solutions in Northern California; Delta Rigging, a specialty equipment rental provider to the off-shore oil and gas industry; and Cinelease, providing lighting rental equipment to the film and TV production industries. The company anticipates HERC’s revenue increasing 15 percent year-over-year in 2012 and has already seen its nonresidential construction revenue grow by double digits in the first quarter of 2012.